- How to figure out if you need a water conditioner and then what type?
- Want to see our projects and what we are doing at them? Follow our jobsite blogs!
- The squeeky wheel gets the oil, or in this case the really loud, mad guy gets the water departments attention
- Two New Job Site Blogs for Earth Bound Homes
- Our builder suggested pressure treated wood, Trex, or a Brazilian hardwood for a new screened in porch. Which is best?
Monthly Archives: August 2010
Do you recommend solar shingles? Is the technology advanced enough for durability and problem-free installation?We are designing a new house and would like to incorporate solar without the ugly rooftop panels.
Photovoltaic (PV) technology can be integrated into building materials such as roof tiles; the practice is known as Building Integrated Photovoltaics (BIPV). BIPV has traditionally been done as an after-market add-on, so there are a lot of products out there, … Continue reading
Renovating an old home with hardwoods and trying to get rid of cat odor from previous owner. Is there a natural solution?
We have purchased an older home which was owned by a family with LOTS of cats. The house has all hardwoods and we are trying to restore the floors and get rid of the cat odor. Is there a natural/green … Continue reading
Additionally, are there any water contamination issues with using PEX tubing for human-consumption water supply? PEX is cross-linked polyethylene, so there is no measurable offgassing from the material. Through one of several processes, links between polyethylene molecules are formed to … Continue reading