- How to figure out if you need a water conditioner and then what type?
- Want to see our projects and what we are doing at them? Follow our jobsite blogs!
- The squeeky wheel gets the oil, or in this case the really loud, mad guy gets the water departments attention
- Two New Job Site Blogs for Earth Bound Homes
- Our builder suggested pressure treated wood, Trex, or a Brazilian hardwood for a new screened in porch. Which is best?
Category Archives: Bluebird Residence
After my last post, which described my experiences with waterless urinals, the totally ridiculously priced replaceable cartridges and then with my rather atrocious interaction with Terry Janssen, the CEO of EcoTech, a company that manufactures a “SUPPOSEDLY” lifetime cartridge that … Continue reading
Eco Urinal Cartidges for Waterless Urinals – Watch out, they don’t give you what they advertise and what they do give you, doesn’t work
About a year and a half ago, after paying $45 for disposable waterless urinal cartridges that filled up, clogged, smelled horribly, one to many times, I decided to order the Eco Cartridge from EcoTechWater. I had read about the Cartridges … Continue reading
What is the best building design for a house built on clay soil? The stem wall is cracked due to the clay’s expansion and contraction due to the wet and dry seasons. What are house designs or design considerations I should be investigating?
Firstly, I would like to state that I am not an engineer, and that any sensible person would be be an idiot to not got to a licensed engineer to correctly design their home for the window and seismic loads … Continue reading
LEED vs. Green Point Rated For those of you don’t know, Green Point Rated is the predominant non-LEED based green home rating system in California. While, LEED is easily the most recognized green rating system for commercial buildings, the penetration … Continue reading