- How to figure out if you need a water conditioner and then what type?
- Want to see our projects and what we are doing at them? Follow our jobsite blogs!
- The squeeky wheel gets the oil, or in this case the really loud, mad guy gets the water departments attention
- Two New Job Site Blogs for Earth Bound Homes
- Our builder suggested pressure treated wood, Trex, or a Brazilian hardwood for a new screened in porch. Which is best?
Tag Archives: energy efficiency
This is a great question, one that more people should ask about their appliances. While the Energy Star label used to be the standard for energy efficiency, it has unfortunately not kept up with technology as far as their standards … Continue reading
Do you recommend solar shingles? Is the technology advanced enough for durability and problem-free installation?We are designing a new house and would like to incorporate solar without the ugly rooftop panels.
Photovoltaic (PV) technology can be integrated into building materials such as roof tiles; the practice is known as Building Integrated Photovoltaics (BIPV). BIPV has traditionally been done as an after-market add-on, so there are a lot of products out there, … Continue reading
Additionally, are there any water contamination issues with using PEX tubing for human-consumption water supply? PEX is cross-linked polyethylene, so there is no measurable offgassing from the material. Through one of several processes, links between polyethylene molecules are formed to … Continue reading